Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mothers' Day mayhem

I wanted to do two Mothers' Day cards this year- one for my mom and one for my mother in law. I had a very specific idea for the card I wanted to do for my mother in law, and it involved playing with some new stuff that finally arrived from an EBay auction I won.
Included in the auction from EBay was some crackle paint. I wasn't sure about it, and I have decided that I do like it, but it takes a little play time to get it right. If you put it on too thick, it tends to make the paper curve.

This card was done with brown cardstock. I painted the pink crackle paint over the cardstock, let it dry and then attached it to a white background. The brown cardstock frame was embossed with the cuttlebug and then the opening was made using the nestabilities. The flower was one that I got from the dollar store and took and the brad was part of a set purchased at the dollar store. The colour didn't match anything, so I painted it with crackle paint. The ribbon was found at Michael's. 


 This is the card that I did for my mom. I love black and white. It's so clean and classic.
The black cardstock is punched out then the patterned black paper is layered on top of a piece of white which was embossed with the cuttlebug. The butterfly stamp was embossed with silver, and the flower which was purchased at the dollar store adds a little bit of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment