Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh Distress Ink... how I love thee!

I have been playing with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks I won from an EBay auction (and the one I bought from Michael's... shhh... don't tell my husband! ;))
I have to say, I really love the way they look on paper and the creativity and unique qualities they give to cards. I have been creating a range of things this week... cards, bookmarks and easle cards.
Here are three cards that I have created.


This card was created by putting Brick Red distress ink on a piece of glass and pressing the white cardstock into it. Then, I took the wet paper and crumpled it up, taking care when uncrumpling. Then, I took Weathered Wood distress ink and brushed it across the creases. I dried with a heat tool then ironed the paper so it was flat. I then took the scalloped nestabilities and cut out the shape, adhered it to the black cardstock and added the red paper roses, which I purchased from the dollar store.

This card was stamped with the flower using versamark, then I embossed it with clear embossing powder. I put the distress ink on glass and then pressed the white card into it again. The resist technique worked particularly well with this stamp. I then added the vellum on top, attaching it with the brads. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.



This one is probably my favourite... for now. I used the Broken China, Brick Red and Marmalade distress inks on glass, then crumpled the paper again. When it dried, I stamped the flowers onto the card and embossed with white. The dragonfly is embossed with blue, and the sentiment is stamped with black ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment