Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My orange period

Recently, I went through my paper and tried to get it organized. Mostly because I couldn't find anything, and I was getting tired of looking for certain colours. I bought magazine holders and sorted my paper by colour family. I was surprised at how much I had in the orange family. I am not usually a fan of orange, and wouldn't buy it on its own, but I have some that has been included in other paper packs.
I do, however, love this rust colour from Stampin' Up. I was in the mood for spring, and have this new stamp, Fresh Cuts, also from Stampin' Up. I cut the rust paper , cut the layers for the image 1/4 inch larger for each layer. I used the rust ink to sponge around the edges of the white and also rubbed some of the rust on the lattice punch. I am really pleased how this turned out. It brought a little bit of spring to my -40 day. I will be finding other ways to use this colour, for sure.



1 comment: