Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year, a new resolution

It's been insanely busy for me for the past month or so. We had company over Christmas, and the hectic pace of the holidays took over.

So, new year, new resolution. I am planning to make cards at least twice per week. My parents have a greenhouse, and last year, I had cards available there for sale. I sold a few... it was a good start, anyway. I have also entered the Christmas card challenge at Splitcoast stampers, so I'll be making cards all year long, which will hopefully lessen the intensity at the end of the year.

Today is my last day of vacation before I head back to the real world tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things for work. We have a gala coming up in about seven weeks, so it'll be full out getting ready for that. I decided to play today in my newly-organized craft area. Husband bought me a few things for Christmas to help me get my space organized, and now my paper has it's own home, my stamps are mostly organized, and I can see space on the top of my work area. It's so nice to be able to play when I have more than six inches to work.

This is the first holiday card for 2011...



 I made 15 of these cards. I really love this stamp. It reminds me of stickers I bought last year, and I haven't been able to find since.

Here's a close up. The cardstock used was baroque blue from Stampin' Up! and the white cardstock is from Staples. The base is 4.25 by 5.5, the white was cut for 4 by 5.25 and then put through my Cuttlebug. The top white cardstock is 3 by 3, stamped with black Momento ink and coloured using copics. I shot it with glimmer mist to give it a little sparkle and shine. The snowflake dot was from the dollar store, and attached with a piece of double sided foam. The stamp is from Great Impressions.


A close-up of the card.

That's it for now... next up will be a card I made for my dad's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment