Monday, January 31, 2011

There's a mouse in my house!

Well, there's more than one. I love House Mouse and all his mousey friends. This stamp jumped out at me when I went to my favourite store with my friend M. She told me about this one, and it is befitting that she got the first card made with it.

 The colours came together on this one really quickly. I started with colouring the image- copics were used here. I picked a blue cardstock that matched the ink colour and matted it with a darker blue. The notebook paper in the back was cut from a piece of designer paper I had in a big block pad of Christmas paper. I cut it out and attached it to the backside of the card.
Once the image was stamped, coloured and mounted, it needed a little something, so I added small silver brads and the silver ribbon. The Merry Christmas sentiment is stickers.

A close-up of the stamped image. To get the detail on his hat, I used puffy paint and heated it quickly with my heat gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment