Friday, February 11, 2011

I need spring

You know you're from the prairies when you open the door in the morning and think that -10 is warm.
We are finally out of the deep freeze (for now). I've had enough of the snow and cold, so it's time for a spring-inspired card!
I saw this technique a while ago (can't remember where, though). It's alcohol ink on acetate. Pretty easy to do.
Stamp the image you want on cardstock (I used white card). Take a piece of acetate the same size as the cardstock and smoosh the alcohol inks all over it. Let it dry for a bit. I then ran the stamped cardstock through my Xyron sticker maker face down to make the front sticky so that I could place the acetate on top of it.
I then rounded the corners and attached it to the beige and red cardstock backs.
I punched the bottom of the 5.5x4.25 piece of cardstock to dress it up a bit and placed it on top of the red and added the sentiment.
I think next time, I'd use some lighter colours so that the stamp is more visible.

I think I'll be doing some creating this weekend... we'll see what transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment