Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Apparently...

Procrastination begets more procrastination. I have been busy with work, cleaning my crafting area, cleaning the house getting ready for a gigantic yard sale in a couple of weeks (including purging my craft space). My crafting area is now an organized, relatively clutter-free zone, and I hope to be able to keep it up.
I was actually able to see the entire top of my desk, and it was nice to be able to use my paper cutter and not have to push stuff out of the way.

Here are a couple I created a while ago, and haven't gotten around to posting. I've been in a creative spin lately, and will have some more posted soon.


This technique was one I posted a while ago, and played with it in a different colour. Both stamps are Tim Holtz.
First, I stamped the background in black ink and clear embossed it.
Then, I wet the paper, and smooshed distress inks all over it, wet it and crumpled the paper. I then wet it again, added some more ink, blotted the paper with a paper towel and gently (VERY gently) rolled it between my hands like I was making a play dough worm. As a result, the paper is rather leathery. I then dried it a little with my heat tool, and ironed it to smooth it out a bit. 
As it was embossed, I ironed it face-down on a piece of cardstock and very carefully lifted it off.

For this one, I stamped onto white in a rusty colour and ran the inks around the edges as well. I tilted it for a different perspective and added the ribbon and sentiment (which I think is Stampin' Up). 

I'll be posting more soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment