Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brother's birthday

My baby brother celebrated his birthday last Saturday. He really loves woodworking, and he is very talented with it. I decided that his birthday card needed to involve his favourite hobby.

The base of the card is a 4.25 by 5.5 piece of adhesive cork. I picked it up from a local scrapbooking store around Christmas and finally got around to using it. The first piece, I stamped the sentiment in black and didn't like it at all, so I tossed it to the side and cut the second piece and used brown. I like it much better- it looks like it was burned into the cork.
The tape measure is some creative re-using. We got a mailer from a local phone company with the tape measure wrapped around it- I decided to save it from the recycling bin and used it on the card. The stickers are from my favourite store in Stonewall, and I coloured them with my copics so they had a little different look to them. I really like the way this card turned out, and I am sure my brother will like it, and the little something I stuck inside for him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment