Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New fold

It's amazing to surround yourself with papercrafting friends who like to share ideas- my coworker was trying to explain a new fold to me, and I was having a heck of a time trying to get what she was saying... I am more of a visual person, and do better with hands-on than someone explaining something to me. So, after work, I went to one of my favourite sites- Splitcoast Stampers- to find the instructions for the tri-fold shutter card. It's a really pretty card, and does take some time and calculation (not my strength, but fortunately my husband comes to my math rescue!).

As this was only an experiment, I grabbed what was close at hand, and didn't really have much rhyme or reason for the materials I used.

The sentiment is Tim Holtz, the dragonfly stamp is from the $1.50 bin at Michael's, the paper flowers are from the dollar store, and the dragonfly brads are from a local liquidation store.

The only change I would make to the directions of the card is to make the 1 3/8 by 1 3/8 card pieces a little larger so they fill up a little more of the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment