Friday, June 3, 2011

Christmas card catchup

In January, I signed up for the Christmas card challenge at SCS. I lagged behind in April after our cruise. Then it was the end of May... and well, I was two months behind. I actually had the April card done in March, but didn't get around to getting it done. I did the May and June cards a couple of weeks ago and I am up to date. It stresses me out to have missed a deadline, even if there are no consequences!

The cards:

 
This was April's card- 5 inch square cut from plaid cardstock. The stamp is from LaBlanche, which is probably one of my new faves- they are silicone stamps. They are a dream to work with and the ink cleans off of them perfectly. 
I layered the card on a slightly larger piece of green, and to tie it together, I embossed the sentiment on the same green with gold powder from Ranger.

 

This was May's entry... I wanted to try tone-on-tone, and was inspired with the patterned cardstock that I picked up on my recent trip south. The solid blue is Bashful Blue from Stampin' Up- I was quite impressed with how well the two papers went together. The snowflake was cut from shimmery white cardstock using a Cuttlebug die. I punched two holes in the snowflake and ran ribbon through it to make a slide. The sentiment was stamped in denim blue ink. 

 And this was the catch-up piece for June. I love, love, love this card. When my friend and I went to Crafts Direct a couple of weeks ago, I swore I wasn't going to get any Christmas stamps. I don't think this would classify, as there's nothing technically Christmassy about it.

The dark blue is a 5.25 square of navy, layered with Bashful Blue. The snowflakes were stamped in white and embossed. The smaller layer was one of the stamps included in the set Swirling Snow from Unity Stamp Co and layered onto navy. The sentiment was stamped on white and then cut out. I then put Versamark all over the sentiment and covered it with holographic embossing powder.

As I cannot tie a bow to save my life, I cut a small piece of ribbon, knotted it and attached it to the card with a glue dot.

Now, on to come up with ideas for July!

No comments:

Post a Comment