Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers' Day!

It's Dads' day today. I saw a card on a blog earlier this week. Thought I bookmarked it, but unfortunately, I didn't. This idea has been ruminating, and I couldn't get it out of my head. I have a deer stamp that I've used in the past, but it wasn't what I wanted for this card. Three failed attempts later, I just got out some card components I stamped at a card camp and decided to give that to dad.

It wasn't what I wanted, so I took a trip to Walmart yesterday and picked up the wildlife Cricut cartridge so I could complete this card. Funny thing is I've been looking at that cart for weeks, if not months, and kept saying to myself that I didn't think I'd use it.

So, this morning, while husband was vacuuming, I went downstairs to do laundry, and while I was down there, I whipped up this card. When I have an idea in my head, it takes next to no time for it to come to life.

I sponged on Broken China distress ink for the sky, followed by Stormy Sky and Weathered Wood to create the mountains. The pine tree from Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree was stamped in soot black distress ink, but I stamped it off on paper first so it wasn't bold.
The stag is cut at 4 inches, and attached with my xyron.
I punched out the pine sprigs from three different shades of green with my MS punch and attached it to the base of the card with a run of glue tape. Easy peasy. Not counting the two hours working on the failures and the 30 mins working on the first father's day card, the 2 hour errand trip to Walmart and other places, this card took less than 15 minutes to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment