Monday, August 8, 2011

Swinging mouse

I was checking out splitcoaststampers for inspiration tonight, and came across a new challenge in the Try a New Technique forum. The technique was for a swinging z-fold card. Doesn't matter if you say zed or zee- this card is pretty easy to make, and it took me longer to pick my paper and colour than it did to make the card.

The tutorial is here. I have a few more ideas for cards like this.

The paper was a sale find, and I have been looking for something to use it for. The paper is reversible, and I didn't need to worry about finding matching papers (BONUS!). Once I stamped, die cut and coloured the House Mouse stamp, I attached it to the card front. It wasn't quite finished, so I added the flowers, which I coloured by pressing a yellow stamp pad onto the flower and held the four pieces together using a black brad. The inside has a 1.75 inch piece of white cardstock with a hello sentiment stamped on to it.

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing fold! Tour summery paper and the sweet little mouse looking up at the sunflower looks like he's sunbathing! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete