Saturday, December 3, 2011
A little bit of inspiration
her blog and was inspired to try it.
I made two attempts:
The red was my first attempt- I cut out the frame using the nestabilities die and then hand cut the centre out os that the embossed background was behind. I then cut out the poinsettia using my boss kut die. There was a slight imperfection, so I added the sentiment.
The white poinsettia was cut out using a shiny white paper. It was a tad too stark so I rubbed some tea dye distress ink on it to tone down the white a bit. Instead of putting the frame on the embossed background, I cut out the embossed background and attached it to the frame. I love the simplicity of this card, and have a feeling that I am going to be creating many more along this same line.