Saturday, December 3, 2011

A little bit of inspiration


On a recent trip to the States, I picked up a new nestabilities die that I really loved the look of. It was an impulse, and I had a few ideas floating around in my head, but when I was checking out the galleries at Splitcoast Stampers, I came across a stunning card by Kittie, I took a closer look on her blog and was inspired to try it.

I made two attempts:

 The red was my first attempt- I cut out the frame using the nestabilities die and then hand cut the centre out os that the embossed background was behind. I then cut out the poinsettia using my boss kut die. There was a slight imperfection, so I added the sentiment.

The white poinsettia was cut out using a shiny white paper. It was a tad too stark so I rubbed some tea dye distress ink on it to tone down the white a bit. Instead of putting the frame on the embossed background, I cut out the embossed background and attached it to the frame. I love the simplicity of this card, and have a feeling that I am going to be creating many more along this same line.

































No comments:

Post a Comment