Thursday, January 5, 2012

The beauty of bling

I have an appreciation for beautiful stamps- stamps that can either be left as is, or coloured. I have had my eye on a Flourishes stamp set for quite some time, and with the after Christmas sale at my favourite store, it is mine!

I also like checking out the Flourishes blog for ideas, and this week, a new challenge was posted. I've never played along with the Bring Back Beautiful challenge, but it inspired me to create a card for my stash. The challenge... the beauty of bling.

The image was stamped with Momento black ink and coloured with copics.

The background paper was created with spray webbing sprayed onto white cardstock. I am pretty sure there's a lifetime supply of background paper there for me... one can will make a lot. I layered the snowman print onto silver mirror card and added two rhinestones for his buttons. The sentiment is a sticker, placed on black card and adhered to the card with foam tape.

We have very little snow, and warm temps this winter- very strange for this part of the world... this card makes me feel like it's actually winter!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, you certainly added a lot of bling to this card, by using that super shiny frame :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Flourishes :)

    ReplyDelete