Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bird is the word

This week's challenge at the Less is  More blog is a one layer card using birds.

Some days, CAS cards are no problem for me- others, it seems next to impossible. I checked out the LIM blog yesterday morning while I was waiting for the dogs to come in from their morning constitutional, and immediately had a couple of ideas, but I needed to get chores done first. I also wanted to go to Michaels yesterday to see if they had any new spring stamps out. I hit it lucky in the $1.50 bins. I picked up a new bird stamp, along with a couple of others that I can't wait to use.

I really like the look of a coloured focal point on cards, and I took a little inspiration from Chrissie's so happy for you card. For the coloured oval, I used Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and Scattered Straw distress ink. The bird and sentiment were stamped in Archival black ink. To give the image a little dimension, I outlined the oval with N0 copic marker.

I have another card to fit this theme, but I'll have to post it later.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got lucky at Michael's I wish they were in the UK too!
    Super card... and glad you liked mine!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, glad Chrissie inspired you, not that it;s hard from her work!
    So envious of your Michael's!!

    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Andrea! I love the colours and the use of that copic really makes it pop. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, reminds me a bit of the owls in Harry Potter delivering letters!

    ReplyDelete