Monday, January 16, 2012

Reflection...

Over the Christmas holiday, my friend M sent me a picture of a card she did, with the word puzzle in the subject line and the instructions not to google it to see how she did it. She sent me a card with the reflection of the Lovely Trees set from Stampin' Up. When we got back to work, she told me how she did it, and I had to try it myself.

This is my second entry for the Less is More one layer bird card challenge.

For this card, I used the bird stamp from the SU Nature Walk set. I stamped the bird on the cardstock, then stamped it again on a sheet of acetate. Then, I lined up the acetate image with the cardstock image and rubbed the acetate to transfer the bird onto the card stock.

I coloured the grass with shabby shutters and crushed olive distress ink. The water is broken china distress ink and the sky is stormy sky distress ink.

The birds were coloured with copics- E31 and E33 for the reflection and Y21 for the legs and beak. The top bird was coloured with E33 and E35 and Y26 for the legs and beak.

A tutorial for the reflection technique can be found here

I am really pleased with how this card turned out. I have to say, it's one of my favourites so far this year.

6 comments:

  1. WOW. This is amazing! LOVE the use of the reflection--and thanks for sharing where to see how to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have achieved a superb effect with this card Andrea... reflections are not easy to accomplish and you have done this brilliantly!
    Simply gorgeous!
    Thanks so much once more.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Andrea, it;s not easy, but, you have made it look so!
    Specially for a first attempt

    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! What a lovely reflection. Thanks for sharing how you did it. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just stunning! What a fabulous reflection you created. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete