Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Less is more...

I haven't had the time to play with the Less is More challenge for a couple of weeks, but check it every week- this Saturday's offering sparked my creativity and I knocked several cards out in less than an hour. This week's challenge is a sketch- So simple and the possibilities are endless.
This first card is done with a stamp I got in the dollar bin at Joann during a recent trip south of the border. I coloured it with silver and pink JellyRoll pens, layered it on some black cardstock and added a rhinestone to the centre.
This card will be used for my brother's birthday at the end of the month. I have very few masculine cards in my stash and it's not something I am really comfortable with, but I need to get working on some guy cards. The inspiration for this card came from the ART- just do it! blog. I stamped the image in black and sponged some green distress inks (Iced Spruce, Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles) on the leaves. I coloured the trunk of the SU Lovely as a Tree stamp with the Tea Dye distress ink marker. I haven't added any sentiments on the cards, because I prefer to do it when I have a recipient in mind. I'll be back with a couple more cards later in the week. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Super cards Andrea, I must admit to preferring the second one with the square in the same orientation as the sketch. I just love tree images.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete